Twitter said in a court form released on Thursday that it’s trying to gain documents from Elon Musk related to a civil disquisition into the Tesla CEO’s $ 44 billion shot for the company.
Attorneys representing Twitter said the company first asked for the accoutrements related to the disquisition on July 22, and that Musk’s legal platoon has failed to misbehave, citing “investigative honor,” according to the form.
“Elon Musk is presently under disquisition by civil authorities for his conduct in connection with the accession of Twitter,” the attorneys wrote. “Through counsel, he has changed substantial correspondence with those authorities concerning their examinations.”
Twitter’s attorneys said the documents “bear upon crucial issues in this action.”
Musk originally agreed to buy Twitter in April, before also trying to pull out of the deal claiming that the company had n’t been transparent about the number of bots and fake accounts on the platform. Twitter sued Musk in July to try and force him to close the deal. The two sides were listed to go to trial in Delaware Chancery Court on Oct. 17, but last week Musk reversed course again and said he’d buy Twitter at the agreed up on price of $54.20 a share.
A judge from the court ruled last Thursday that Musk has until Oct. 28 to close the accession if he wants to avoid a trial.
In the meantime, Twitter is still pursuing information. The rearmost form refers to a letter the Securities and Exchange Commission transferred to Musk in June. The SEC was seeking information related to a tweet Musk posted in May, indicating that the “deal can not move forward” until the company provides him with further information about spam and fraud accounts on the platform.
Twitter’s attorneys said producing the documents would “produce no real burden, because they’re a separate set of fluently identifiable accoutrements within the lines of the attorneys who wrote, reviewed, or entered them.”
“This game of ‘hide the ball’ must end,” the attorneys wrote.